In light of the provisions of the Agreement between the Federal Government of Somalia and Jubba Interim Administration signed in Addis Ababa on 27 August 2013 which the government of Somalia deems a positive step towards the federalization, stabilization and confidence building among the Somali communities;
To fully implement and successfully execute all the provisions in the Agreement;
Citing the Fourth Article of the Agreement concerning Reconciliation and Confidence Building;
The Acting Prime Minister and the Minister of National Resources, Abdirizak Omer Mohamed hereby appoints a high level committee to organize and execute the first phase of the Reconciliation Conference due to take place in Mogadishu on October 5, 2013. The second phase of the reconciliation conference which will focus on peace-building will be held in Kismayo.
The Federal Government of Somalia also welcomes the participation of IGAD in the launching of the milestone reconciliation conference.
Names of the Committee Members:-
1. Mr. Abdikarim Hussein Guled Minister of the Interior and National Security/Committee Chair
2. Mr. Abdullahi Elmoge Hersi Minister for Information, Telecommunication, Postal Services and Transportation
3. Mr. Abdihakim Haji Mohamud Faqi Minister of Defense
4. Mr. Farah Sheikh Abdulkadir State Minister for Presidency
5. Mr. Abdishakur Ali Mireh Deputy Minister for Information, Telec. Postal Services, and Transportation
6. Mr. Abdirahman Kulmiye Hirsi Deputy Minister of Defense
7. H.E. Ahmed Abdisalam Haji Aden Somali Ambassador to Ethiopia
8. Mr. Aden Ibrahim Aw Hirsi Senior Policy Adviser to the Prime Minister/Committee Secretary
The Federal Government of Somalia is grateful to all the good offices that took part in the realization of this Agreement with the office of the Chair of IGAD Council of Foreign Ministers at the forefront.
Similarly, the Federal Government of Somalia calls upon the Somali communities concerned to sincerely contribute to the success of this conference verbally and materially. The members of this committee are instructed to discharge diligently and accordingly this highly significant national duty.
The Acting Prime Minister
and the Minister of National Resources,
Abdirizak Omer Mohamed